I remember one morning when my mother made french toast for my siblings and I during breakfast when we were younger, and I have always wanted to try and make them ever since. They are really easy to make, which is why you can make them anytime you want whenever you feel like it (since most of us usually have the ingredients from the recipe lying around in our kitchen).
A few years ago my family members and I started eating wheat bread instead of white bread. Wheat bread is better for you, and I actually like the taste of wheat bread more.
Ingredients:
2 to 4 pieces of bread (I used wheat bread, but you can use other types of bread, like white bread)
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
Cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
2 to 4 pieces of bread (I used wheat bread, but you can use other types of bread, like white bread)
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
Cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)

1. Beat the egg in a bowl. Add the milk and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
2. Dunk each piece of bread in the egg mixture, and make sure that both sides are covered.
(For this recipe, I toasted the pieces of bread before dunking them because the bread would become less soggy and would absorb more of the batter. This is why a lot of people make french toast when they have stale bread.)

3. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Cook the bread until both of the sides are light brown. This will take 3 to 5 minutes (while I was frying the bread, I sprinkled some cinnamon on top).
You can put a lot of different things on top of your bread, like cinnamon, powdered sugar, jelly/fruit, or maple syrup.
No comments:
Post a Comment