Yes, it's coming for you. It knows that you can't resist it (I know I couldn't).
Yum. Served cold with blueberries on top? Of course. You are probably wondering how many slices I ate. Don't ask. Too many to count.
The thing that I like the about this cheesecake is that you can really taste the cheese. Some people add gelatin and other ingredients to their cheesecake, and there is more of that flavor than of the actual cheese in the cheesecake.
This blueberry pie filling was excellent, but the cheesecake also tastes good without it.
Ingredients:
1 Graham Pie Crust (I used the Keebler Ready Crust)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 can (21 oz.) blueberry pie filling (optional)
1 Graham Pie Crust (I used the Keebler Ready Crust)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 can (21 oz.) blueberry pie filling (optional)
1. Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer until it becomes very soft. Add the lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until they become incorporated. Add the egg, and beat it until it is combined thoroughly with the other ingredients.
2. Put the graham pie crust on a baking or cookie sheet, and pour the cream cheese mixture inside the crust. It is important to put the pie crust on a baking sheet because the aluminum that the pie crust is in will fold over on itself when you take it out of the oven.
Bake this at 350°F (180°C) for 20 - 25 minutes. Once you take it out of the oven, cool it for 1 hour over a wire rack.
3. Put the blueberry pie filling on top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours.
CAST
Me
My Younger Brother
My Younger Sister
Me
My Younger Brother
My Younger Sister
Scene 1
BROTHER
Is the cheesecake ready yet?
Is the cheesecake ready yet?
ME
Sorry. After I take it out of the oven, it has to cool for one hour. Then I have to refrigerate it for at least two more hours.
BROTHER
(disbelief washes over his face)
What? NOOOOOOOO!
(Brother exits kitchen, and Sister enters soon after. She peers in the oven.)
SISTER
Is it finished now? I waited so long.
ME
Ummm.... I just put it into the oven.
SISTER
(dramatically) How long do I have to wait? I'm hungry here!
ME
After I take it out of the oven, it has to cool for one hour. Then I -
Sister
Never mind! It's too long! I'll just eat it tomorrow!
(Sister leaves and sulks in her room)
End Scene
The good news is, they really enjoyed the cheesecake (which they had to eat the next day, since they fell asleep while waiting for it).
No comments:
Post a Comment