Monday, September 6, 2010

{Apple Crrrummmblle}


Something I dream of being able to wake up to the smell of something baking everyday, like a batch of freshly baked gooey chocolate chip cookies or fudgey chocolate brownies, followed by a quick hurry to the kitchen, and searching hastily until I pinpoint the treats waiting patiently for me to eat them.

I found myself wanting to eat this crumble all the time - the first treat I lay my eyes on everyday, a simple snack after a tiring day at school, and for something sweet to eat after every lunch and dinner. The apples that I purchased were juicy and firm, and I was delighted when I got my first slice of the apple crumble. The apple pieces turned very soft, and there was even more juice seeping out! I absolutely adore the crust - it was crumbly and sweet with a hint of butter.

I was fortunate to purchase one of Ina Garten's cookbooks, and my eyes are always glued to the TV whenever her show is on. I got the her recipe for this crumble from the Food Network website, but I hope I get to use one of her other recipes from her cookbook soon! Banana Crunch Muffins, Chocolate Buttercream Cake, Pecan Shortbread, Raspberry Tarts - I am going to have a complicated time deciding what I want to bake next!

While waiting 40 minutes for this crumble to finally be ready to consume, I was getting ravenous by the minute. Cinnamon wafted all around the house, but I attempted to distract myself to avoid dashing into the kitchen and taking the crumble out of the oven too soon. It's astonishing how fast time flies. Before I knew it, the crumble was ready to be eaten, hot and served with some freezing vanilla ice cream. I guess I could compare it with life a bit. Sometimes I feel as if just a week ago I was ready to experience what being a kindergartner was like. A few days ago I experienced for the first time what it was like to have a locker and learning what Day A and Day B were, and now I am finally getting used to high school. Before I know it, I'll be sitting in an unfamiliar classroom in a university, anxious and exhilarated before the lesson starts!


Crrrummmmbbllyyy

If you would like the recipe for this delicious crumble, click here. I highly recommend trying this - it can be eaten at any time of the day, and all you need to do is heat it up in a microwave before you consume it. I altered the recipe by adding more cinnamon and using apples into of peaches and blueberries. You can experiment with different fruits, but I felt like using four diced apples instead of peaches and blueberries.

Note: Instead of using ramekins, I used a Pyrex glass dish.


Oh-so-delicious crust


No comments:

Post a Comment