This is by far one of the easiest but surprisingly delicious treats that I have ever made. This is a five minute cake because it takes five minutes to prepare it and then cook it. At first, I was a bit skeptical, because I expected to turn out horribly - tough, rubbery, and with a stomach-churning taste too. I remember looking at the ingredients and thinking, " I would never want to make this cake." I did not realize how popular this recipe would be, because a lot of new posts from other food blogs claimed that this recipe really worked. I saw picture after picture of the cake, and I suddenly became eager to know if they really were what a lot of people claimed they were. When I looked at those images, I imagined the scent and taste of the wonderful creation.
Is it possible to cook a cake in 1 minute? Well, I was utterly shocked when I first tasted the cake. While it was in the microwave, I was thinking about how it would probably be inedible. When I took it out of the microwave, I became elated and astonished. The cake smelled just like one fresh from the oven, but I really wanted to know how it tasted. I could really taste chocolate - it was not too dry, and the melted dark chocolate chips gave it an immense boost in flavor. It is best shared between two people, and although it does not look and taste as tasty as a real cake, it certainly will do for a quick snack.
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
2 tablespoons milk
A dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 teaspoon oil
1 tablespoon sugar + 1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Stir all the ingredients together.
2. Add the milk, oil, and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour the batter into a microwave safe mug.
4. Cook in a microwave for one minute.
5. Eat it warm with ice cream or a chocolate syrup (if you can handle even more chocolate!).
Note: It might turn out too dry or rubbery if you cook it for too long. I have been looking for different recipes for this cake, and a lot of them contained eggs. I was worried about the possibility of salmonella, so I am glad that this recipe does not have any eggs in it (but it still tastes good!).

I shared this cake with my brother and sister, and they really enjoyed it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment