Tuesday, August 3, 2010

{Banana Ice Cream With Just One Ingredient}


Usually when I get a cookbook I flip over to the desserts section first. Banana Caramel Chocolate Walnut Brownie Pie... Strawberry Shortcake... Cinnamon Raisin Bread... they all seem so delicious, but today I wanted to make something perfect for one of the last few days of summer. Finally, I found a recipe for Banana "Ice Cream", but I did not remember seeing this recipe in the cookbook before. I could not believe how easy it was to make, and it even claimed that this "ice cream" really looks and tastes like the real thing! I had to find out if it was true.

All you need are 3 to 4 medium sized frozen bananas (they must be very ripe), a rubber spatula, and a food processor!


1. Dice the bananas and place them in the freezer.

2. Put the bananas in the food processor once they are frozen and blend them up. Stir occasionally with a rubber spatula.


At first, the bananas might become very chunky or look like crumbs, but if you mix them up a bit more they will become very creamy. I was very surprised once I tasted the "ice cream", because it really tasted and felt like real ice cream. Now, I can have a very healthy treat that I can eat whenever I want!

This "ice cream" tastes really good, but you can make it even better by adding more ingredients. Try eating it with honey, peanut butter, chocolate syrup/chips, maple syrup, cinnamon, or more fruits!


No comments:

Post a Comment