


Fortunately, it only took me a few months to find this recipe (well, I do look at new recipes from different food blogs almost everyday...). When I first made chocolate chip cookies, I used theNestle Toll House Recipe. I thought that the cookies were already delectable, but when I saw Alton Brown's recipe, I was instantly intrigued. There were so many different instructions and ingredients from this recipe that had to see if the cookies would turn out better than the ones I made using the Toll House recipe.
In Alton Brown's recipe, you need to have one egg and one egg yolk, and you have to melt the butter instead of using it when it is room-temperature. Also, you have to use a lot of brown sugar and less white sugar. A lot of bloggers have said that this is their favorite recipe, and that the brown sugar makes the cookies very chewy. The cookies turned out just how I liked them. When I first bit into one of the cookies, I immediately knew that it was the best cookie that I had ever made. I am very picky when it comes to cookies, and I do not really enjoy cookies that are too dry, crunchy, or cakey. These cookies were perfect - chewy and moist, with a lot of flavor. I will definitely be using this recipe from now on whenever I want to bake cookies!

Adapted from Alton Brown's The Chewy Recipe
Note: I did not have bread flour. I just used all-purpose flour, but the cookies still ended up really chewy. Also, the recipe does not indicate how long you should refrigerate the dough, so I refrigerated it for one hour.

I was baking during the afternoon, and there was a rainbow on the cookie tray because of the sunlight that hit the windows (I just had to take pictures of this!).

This is one of the best things that I have ever baked, and I really hope that you try to make these for yourselves! If you like them as much as I did, you can not eat just one!

No comments:
Post a Comment