Winsome
Whimsical
Wonderful
Walnuts!
A basic cookie recipe
+ chocolate chips + walnut chunks
=
Growing up, there were many things I avoided at all costs, like spiders, flies, and walnuts. My parents adore nearly anything with walnuts in them, from crisp salads to warm and chewy cookies. I refused to swallow anything that contained walnuts, because I always thought that they would alter any type of food to become bitter and revolting. I was really obstinate, and I stayed like that for years, until the day my mom told me to try a cookie that she had made.
It was a really different cookie - I had never tasted anything with such a distinct flavor. I asked my mother what it consisted of, and she told me it had - surprise! - walnuts. I was appalled. I thought that walnuts made any treat worse, when in fact I really enjoyed the walnuts that were added to the cookies! My parents told me that I should consume more walnuts, since they are beneficial to your health too. They contain plenty of fiber, B vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, and magnesium. They may also reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
These batch of cookies were marvelous; the chocolate chips melted in my mouth, and the walnuts added extra and sought-after flavor and crunch.
Father's Day is coming up soon, and I am planning on baking something special for my dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment